Tuesday, December 27, 2016

My thoughts on Medical Care...

This is a little off my normal subjects of art and art history - but then again - without our health, where and who are we?
You can find this print I created here:
https://shopvida.com/collections/radiant-art
It represents the 'heart chakra' 



Although I'm all for expanded medicare I'm totally against Obamacare or any type of mandatory insurance. I think we need a system where the only the sick and terminally ill should have required insurance at a discount rate. 

All other medical policies should be in a 'free for all' system - just like the dental and optometry industry. Have you noticed how well the service and progress is in these particular health industries?
If doctors competed for customers - the way the rest of America does, then they would not be so indifferent to their patient's needs.

Every one I know has at least one horror story about seeing a doctor.
There are so many bad doctors that are practicing medicine, we need to do research on how the system got this way. The health industry is the one industry where a young person can enter and be successful no matter how little they studied or trained. In every other profession, you must study hard and be competent to land a job. This is not true for the medical profession. It's the one place where jobs are so in demand the pay is good even if you are at the bottom of the medical hierarchical list. Average pay just to change someone's bed pan is twice as much as minimum wage!

I'm hoping our next president does not feed into a system that is broken and corrupt. I commend the politicians that are fighting to keep medical costs down. Instead of policing the education system that is so messed up by governtment control, we need to focus our attention on the medical industry's policies.Why has hospital costs become so outrageous? Even doctors are shocked by the cost of a surgical room. I've had more than one doctor point out to me that his or her bill was the lowest charge for surgery. Ironically enough, the surgery I was going to get from that doctor did not necessarily need a surgical room. I found a doctor years later that performed the same minor surgery in a standard patient room so sometimes it's not the doctor's cost that's expensive, it's their procedure and therefore, lack of training or ability to keep up with new medical technologies.

In the past few decades, we've seen a surge in self-help and healing remedies. This is a direct response to the outrageous costs the medical industry requires to treat a patient. Before Obamacare, over 50 percent of the US population was not on health insurance. Now that we are forced to buy into the corrupt medical insurance system, the cost has not come down - instead it's gone up. That should tell us something.I voted for Obama, twice, but that does not mean I'm happy with all of his decisions.

Before I was forced into a medical plan, I was not on insurance. When I had an ailment or sickness, I sought home remedies first. That usually did the trick but when it did not, I saw a doctor. Yes, there were many doctors working outside the system that provided good health care.
There were emergency medical clinics all over the major cities designed to handle people without insurance.
This is the beauty of America and it has always been this way. When there is a need, there is always a business ready to take care of it.
Many people have become rich off of finding those specific needs that have not been addressed. Capitalism can really be a beautiful thing when it falls into the hands of the right people.

My wish today, is to get this message into the right hands of people who will listen with an open mind and also have the power to do something about it. I've tried writing to my congress representatives several times but have received no response.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home