Monday, May 26, 2014

Ruben's Garden





Ruben's Garden
I just moved and although I'm very happy with my new place, I miss some things about the old place. Top on that list is Ruben's Garden. Ruben is a fellow artist that teaches painting. His work is incredible and he tends a garden in his spare time which (I'm sure) gives him inspiration for more paintings. Monet did this with his garden so this isn't unusual for an artist to build their own inspiration making the land readily available whenever they need a beautiful landscape to paint.
Ruben lives on a corner lot so he gets lots of sun and space to grow all kinds of flowers. I used to sneak over to his garden and photograph all the different types of flowers he grew. I'm using them as inspiration for my own paintings, too.
I also took photos of the entire complex where we lived. I found inspiration everywhere. We had incredible gardeners at this place and I've got the photographs to prove it. I've got several ACEOs on ebay that were inspired by my old complex.
Creating a garden like Ruben's garden takes years of practice. I don't see how he can pack so many different species of flowers in tight spaces. I didn't live there long enough for him to teach me but now I've got my own piece of turf and an east-west sun for the challenge. I can't think of a more peaceful hobby for my spare time. Artists' gardens are extra special because they work their own sculptures into the landscape. There seems to be a treasure behind every corner and inspiration for everyone. I could write more about Monet's or Ruben's garden but all this talk about landscape painting and gardening makes me want to go create something...can't stand it anymore...gotta go. See ya!

Here is the ebay link:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home