Friday, June 27, 2014

Roller Coasters

Roller Coasters

...always remind me of my childhood. I rode a lot of them and I also worked at AstroWorld when I was just a teenager so I had access to the Texas Cyclone after work. Roller Coasters always bring back happy memories except for one. When I was a child I talked my mother and my little sister into riding Space Mountain at Disney World. It was so scary for them they cried. They didn't enjoy it at all so I really appreciate the sacrifice they made that day.
This abstract oil pastel was created on heavy-duty black paper. I love working on dark paper because it makes the highlights glow. You can't have bright glowing colors without the dark and when it comes to roller coasters, you can't have fun without a little bit of fear mixed into the ride.

This art work is available on ebay but the listing ends early evening/central time.


http://www.ebay.com/itm/251562549492?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home