Thursday, June 19, 2014

Arthur Storey Park part 4


Many groups are starting to meet at this park for Zumba, Tai Chi, Karate and other physical activities. On holidays it's packed with families. The park has the usual picnic tables and barbecue pits and on weekends every one of them is in use. The track is usually busy in the evenings with joggers and hikers.





Most of the people look like they are having a really good time!

Sometimes when I go to the park, I see people fishing. There are signs everywhere saying please do not disturb the wetlands but quite often they are ignored. The fish were intended to feed the variety of birds who live here. 

I see trash floating down the little rapids in back and people not picking up after their dog. When I first went to this park it was like an incredible new discovery. I've stopped going and moved away because I get upset when I see all the destruction that the public has done. Humans are capable of creating such great ideas and can really put a lot of thought into preserving nature...only to have other humans destroy it. 

Now I take pictures when I see people fishing or tramping through the wetlands because I remember how wonderfully this park started. This park not only helped the humans with the flooding in Houston, it helped the wildlife. If everyone would be this considerate, imagine how this park could grow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home