Saturday, August 20, 2016

Cheap Trellis

As I say good bye to summer and think of all the things I've managed to get done while the weather is good, the one thing that makes me the happiest is the growth...especially the growth I can help co-create with nature. This is a simple way to create a trellis for vines. All you need is a branch and a wall. I usually ask the tree trimmer maintenance for a couple of branches when they come out to trim the neighborhood trees. They are more than happy to oblige since they have to carry off all kinds of dead branches. I like to spray paint these branches shades of green so they are barely visible. This also protects the branch from termites. The climbing vine follows the shape of the branch so you can create all kinds of different shapes just by the type of branch you choose. This is a cluster of Okra, Aloe Vera and string beans growing together in a little patch of soil on my patio. There's even a bell pepper poking out at the bottom. Thank you summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home