Monday, September 29, 2014

Building the Base

Start with a nice base. Build this base  several layers in thickness. All the materials I use are from recycled boxes and old tubes of gift wrapping paper. I use a steel ruler and utility knife for cutting. Later, for a finishing touch, I'll add river rocks to weight it down even more.

Next, you'll want to roll some paper into 'bamboo' rods for perches. I use silicon glue where the birds can't reach and chew. I use non-toxic school glue on perches since I know they will be chewing on them.

Try to roll them evenly and add a generous amount of glue to the insides so they stick together.

I use old bills, junk mail and old class rosters for this part. Anything that is classified is great because birds make great natural paper shredders. No evidence gets by them!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home