Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Skeletons in the Closet

yes, this image is available on ebay

Skeletons in the Closet

...is one of my favorite expressions! I don't think this saying can ever be overdone or overused simply because it's part of a confession. I was raised catholic and I never understood the full meaning of the confession until much later in life when I converted to a new thought religion. It was a new thought minister, (who actually studied under the Carmelites earlier in his life) that explained to me the purpose of a confession is to humble ourselves so we are less judgmental of others. When we 'see' that everyone is guilty of making mistakes (by confessing our own mistakes in a formal confession), we will be more forgiving towards others. We are forgiven for our mistakes and therefore should forgive others. Now why didn't someone explain that to me when I was a young catholic growing up in the church???
I love the fact that Angelina Jolie turned down the opportunity to go into politics by saying, "No thanks, I've got too many skeletons in my closet." I think that was a humble thing to say at a very opportune time. Everyone has skeletons in their closet so I wish she had done it anyway. (Not that she isn't doing enough now.)
I've started a Halloween series in my ebay listings since many art patrons are already thinking of holiday gifts. I wanted to include this famous expression in a literal fashion...just for fun! One of my favorite songs relating to this expression comes from an old video game that produced a popular soundtrack containing the song "Skeletons in My Closet."
It's amazing how much art, music and overall creativity Halloween inspires.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251620269286?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home